Even though all the heirs to an estate agree to not to contest, there can be other issues prior to the liquidation of an estate.
Problems prior to the liquidation are:
- When a matrimonial regime has to be liquidated beforehand, which can be complex in the presence of real estate or business;
- When appraisal of collections of art or tangible property is required, or real estates and businesses are needed to transfer or to liquidate;
- When there is a minor or an heir with a disability that involves a curator (guardian) or competent judicial authorities;
- When a tax adjustment must be made beforehand;
- When there are properties need to be released from liens and debts to be paid.
Attorneys at THEVOZ Attorneys are experienced in the field of Estate Liquidation and can assist clients evaluating necessary procedures and restore estate properties.