Labour law is a complex matter. It encompasses private law rules (contractual relations between employer and employee, along with the various mandatory rules arising from the Swiss Code of Obligations (Code des Obligations), collective labour agreements and standard employment contracts), public law rules (in particular, the Swiss Federal Labour Act of 13 March 1964, loi sur le travail) in addition to a number of administrative law rules (payroll taxes, tax deducted at source, etc.). Labour law-related disputes are typically a source of tension within companies and can require a significant amount of resources. To avoid this happening, THEVOZ Attorneys provides its clients with advice so that they understand their rights and responsibilities and establish a company policy tailored to their specific needs accordingly.
THEVOZ Attorneys, with its wealth of expertise on labour law, is particularly active in the following areas :
- Drafting and negotiating employment contracts
- Drafting business expenses regulations
- Setting up employee share plans
- Conducting negotiations between employers and labour unions
- Managing mass redundancies
- Representing clients in the event of disputes, particularly before the judicial authorities